At the consultation:Please ensure you inform the team of any medical conditions or allergies prior to treatment, particularly: Heart condition, cancer, epilepsy, tumours, diabetes, pregnancy, botox, collagen, inflammation/infection, steroid cream, medication, varicose veins any skin allergies.Etc
Before the treatment
- The hair needs to be 1⁄2 cm long for the waxing treatment to be successfully.
- Trim any long hair to minimize tugging.
- Ensure to exfoliate the day before your wax treatment but avoid chemical products prior to waxing.
- Avoid sunbathing, sunbeds or heat treatments for 24 hours beforehand.
- Do not use bath oils or apply heavy body lotions on the day of treatment.
Waxing aftercare advice
- Avoid extreme heat for 24hrs. Including very hot baths/showers, steam rooms, saunas & jacuzzi’s.
- Heat aggravates the skin and as the pores are still open so can cause skin irritation.
- Avoid the sun & sun beds for 24hrs
- Do not use deodorant or perfume on any area that has been waxed for 24hrs as this could make the area sensitive
- Avoid using make-up following facial hair removal that day.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing following waxing as this may cause irritation to the area.
- Exfoliate a couple of times a week and apply moisturising lotion after bathing or showering – this will help to avoid ingrown hairs (use appropriate creams for skin types).
- Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
Please Note: Some slight soreness, small bumps and redness are common and perfectly normal temporary reactions, particularly if this is your first wax. These symptoms should subside over the next 24 - 48 hours.
Follow the aftercare advice and the skin will return to normal.
Revisit is recommended every 4-6 weeks and advised not to tweeze, shave or use hairremoval creams in-betweens treatments.